To start the day off right, I’m making this Avocado Green Grape Smoothie. Ok, so green smoothies are pretty much everywhere right? And with good reason. They are delicious and full of nutrients. And they usually involve spinach or kale. While I do love those smoothies, because let’s be real I love all smoothies :)……..all of them. This is not your typical green smoothie .
The seedless green grapes steal the show. That and the avocado give it, it’s gorgeous light green color. The grapes are sweet and delicious, maybe even a little sour on their own, but pairing them with the creamy avocado and the coconut yogurt mellows them right out. Than you add that punch of cinnamon and it couldn’t get any better. These flavors are so harmonious together , you have to taste it for yourself!
Not only is this one of my absolute favorite flavor combinations, I love how nutritious all of the components are!
- Grapes are super pro-active if you want to combat ageing. They are known to contain lutein, fiber, potassium, & reservatol just to name a few nutrients. All of these things can potentially help protect against cancers, eye problems, altzheimers, weight gain, boost the immune system, & help control blood glucose levels
- Avocados are a smoothie must for me, they give your smoothie that perfect icecream-y texture without having to add too much ice, which waters it down.Plus, avocados are full of Vitamin K, Folate, Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium, & Monosaturated Fats (those are the good ones) amongst many other nutrients. They can help with lower blood pressure, lower cholestrol , reducing inflammation. They can also help you to feel fuller for longer. The Monosaturated Fats also help increase the nutrient value of other foods they’re eaten with.
- The cinnamon is another high source of antioxidants, it contains anti inflammatory properties, helps protect heart health, & can help fight infections & viruses.
- Finally, coconut is amazing because it promotes weight loss & helps remove free radicals that cause premature ageing & degenerative diseases.
Avocado Green Grape SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 1 cup of seedless green grapes (washed)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar
- 1/2 of an avocado
- About 4 ice cubes
Add the grapes & avocado to your blender.
Next, add the coconut nectar.
Sprinkle in some cinnamon.
Finally, add your ice, (you don't need a lot as the avocado will thicken it up)
Smoothies are the perfect way to start your day. Also, a great way to sneak in some extra veggies or fruits for your kids!
Check out some of my other smoothies too, (including one of those spinach ones 😉 Pineapple Turmeric Green Goddess Smoothie )